Maintain Your Furniture Fabrics with Upholstery Cleaning Tips!
Fabric Couch Cleaning Melbourne is one of the essential services because clean upholstery not only gives a perfect appearance to your room but also ensures the safety of your loved ones from dangerous diseases and health hazards.
There have been multiple cases where bad cleaning and poor maintenance have destroyed the furniture. Hence, we suggest you keep yourself updated with certain things about your sofa, such as the material used in its manufacturing, its structure, and how you can keep it clean on a regular basis.
Sofa Upholstery Fabric and Cleaning Tips
Sofas and couches go through much abuse, wear, and tear over time. Sitting, dumping them with clothes, jumping on them, running toys on them, and knick-knacks can worsen even the best furniture in a short span of time.
No doubt, the type of fabric plays a major role in deciding which fabric upholstery cleaning Melbourne method would be best for the sofa. Here are some methods based on the fabric:
- Cotton: This fabric is common as a decorative upholstery material. If you regularly dust your upholsteries, washing cotton fabric even once a month would be sufficient. Cotton usually bleeds colour, so it would be best to wash each fabric separately. For drying, choose a spot with minimum sunlight, as cotton fades under direct sunlight. A water-resistant solvent would be good if the fabric is fixed.
- Leather: Besides giving a classy look to your room, leather is also stain-resistance. So, it would be enough to vacuum clean them once every two days. However, for deep cleaning, you can dab the uncleaned spot with a cloth using water and mild soap. And dry the area with a damp cloth immediately.
- Velvet: This fabric gives a plush and luxurious look to your interiors; it also adds a royal touch to your interiors and responds in accordance with light brushing and ruffling. If you find a stain on such upholsteries, use some fabric solvent and try to cover the area as much as possible before hiring a fabric couch cleaning Melbourne team of experts.
- Suede: These are the spots and stains-resistant fabrics; only vacuum cleaning them regularly would be enough to keep them clean. Even after that, if they got some stubborn stains, use a sponge fabric with mild soap and wipe the stain with a paper towel.
- Linen: The most effective and widely used method for linen upholstery cleaning is handwashing and drying them in the shade.
- Sunbrella Fabric: It is easy to clean and dry this fabric; hence people use it for both interiors as well as exterior. To clean such upholsteries, you have multiple options such as washing, bleaching, and drying.
Things To Keep In Mind While Cleaning Upholstery Fabric
Here are some things that you must remember while fabric upholstery cleaning Melbourne:
- Always follow the instructions on the label while cleaning
- Getting rid of stains as soon as possible makes the cleaning easy
- A stain remover stick makes the cleaning work handy
- Never machine dry or iron the fabric before complete stain removal
It is essential to keep your upholsteries clean and maintain your fabric furniture as they contribute to your interior. Regular cleaning is sufficient until there is a tough stain. In such cases, it would be best to hire couch cleaning Melbourne services rather than using DIY tricks and ruining the fabric.